Cruizy Campers Pty Ltd
ACN 655 392 617
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. Cruizy Campers PTY Ltd reserves the right to repair or replace components under the warranty offered. Cruizy Campers PTY Ltd will not be liable for consequential loss. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage.
VALIDITY OF CLAIMS
• Claims under this Warranty may only be made by the original purchaser of the item in question. This Warranty commences on the original date of purchase and is not transferable.
• This Warranty only applies to items sold as "new" and does not extend to any items sold via auction, or labelled "factory seconds", "ex-demonstration" or "damaged", unless specifically stated and agreed to by Cruizy Campers PTY Ltd in writing.
• This Warranty is an agreement between Cruizy Campers PTY Ltd and the purchaser personally and is not transferable under any circumstances. If an item is sold to a third party by the original purchaser, then this Warranty is terminated immediately for that item, and the original purchaser shall make no claims or be eligible for any claims on behalf of the new owner.
• This Warranty does not extend to hire fleets or Cruizy Camper PTY Ltd products used as rentals to third parties. (A Warranty covering rentals or fleet hire units is covered in a separate document)
• This Warranty does not cover damage due to unauthorised modifications, misuse, abuse, incorrect assembly, improper or irregular maintenance, accident or collision damage. Without limiting the generality of this clause, some examples of circumstances that may cause damage not covered by warranty include:
◦ Failing to have your caravan serviced at the required intervals as detailed in the owner’s handbook.
◦ Taking your caravan into terrain for which it was not designed. As an example, if you partially submerge the caravan, you will not be able to claim for resulting water damage;
◦ The expected operational lifespan of your caravan assumes use as a holiday or weekend retreat, not as a primary residence. If you use your caravan as a primary residence, you will not be able to claim for the increased rate of wear and tear; and
◦ Exceeding the load limits for your caravan will cause strain on parts of the vehicle. The Plated load limits are for a load distributed evenly across the caravan. You may not be able to claim for any failure or resulting damage caused or contributed to by overloading.
• Warranty approval once granted is based on the work performed to remedy that claim performed either by Cruizy Campers PTY Ltd or a Cruizy Camper PTY Ltd approved repairer. If the rectification works performed by an unapproved third party, whether under an approved warranty claim or otherwise, Cruizy Campers PTY Ltd may not be responsible for the costs of those works, and this Warranty shall not cover those works or any damage or loss of value arising from those works.
• Any affiliates, representatives, associates, agents, suppliers, resellers of Cruizy Campers PTY Ltd products do not have the authority to approve or deny warranty claims on behalf of Cruizy Campers PTY Ltd.
• Cruizy Campers PTY Ltd shall not be liable, (in part or whole) for any warranties, either express or implied, made by agents or resellers unless we give an express written agreement to be bound by such a warranty, and such liability shall be strictly limited to the extent of that written agreement. Such unauthorised claims shall be the responsibility of the agent or reseller only.
REMEDIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
• Except as otherwise required by law, the repair, if accepted as warranty claim will be limited to repair or replacement at the discretion of Cruizy Campers PTY Ltd.
• If Cruizy Campers PTY Ltd accept a warranty claim arising from a major failure, or for which we cannot provide a remedy in a reasonable time, then you may be entitled to a refund for that product. You will not be entitled to a refund or a replacement if the product has become damaged while within your care unless that damage is limited to fair wear and tear and damage caused by a defect and not contributed to by your actions or neglect.
• You agree that, to the greatest extent permitted by law, Cruizy Campers PTY Ltd shall not be liable for consequential or special damages of any kind, including aggravated, punitive, or exemplary damages. Without limiting the generality of this clause, you agree that our liability shall be limited in all cases to the amount you paid for the products underlying a claim.
ITEMS NOT COVERED UNDER THIS WARRANTY
• This Warranty does not cover damage of the following or to the following products or parts of products:
◦ Wheels and Tyres
◦ Jockey Wheel
◦ Soft trim
◦ Travel Covers and Straps
◦ General consumables (e.g bearings, light bulbs etc)
◦ Zips andmesh or screens
While these items are not covered under this Warranty, they may be covered by other warranties you have in respect of the product.
LODGING A CLAIM
If your caravan which you believe is covered by warranty, and you become aware of something you believe to be a defect or damage resulting from a defect, then you should follow the process set out below to obtain the fastest response and greatest chance of having your claim approved:
• As soon as reasonably possible after becoming aware of what you believe to be a defect or damage caused by a defect, lodge a warranty claim through our website using our online Warranty Claim Form;
• Once the warranty claim form is received, we will respond in one of three ways. Cruizy Campers PTY Ltd will either accept the claim, reject the claim, or ask for further information to allow us to decide whether to accept or reject the claim. If a claim consists of multiple parts, a response per component may be issued.
◦ If Cruizy Campers PTY Ltd accept a claim, Cruizy Campers PTY Ltd will notify you of the acceptance, and discuss with you how to remedy the claim. While Cruizy Campers PTY Ltd will endeavour to accommodate your preferences in this process, Cruizy Campers PTY Ltd will generally provide our choice between repair works with our chosen repairer to the standard we deem reasonable. Replacement goods, or a refund, unless Cruizy Campers PTY Ltd accept that the claim is for a major failure;
◦ If Cruizy Campers PTY Ltd reject a claim, we will notify you of the rejection and explain the reasons for the rejection. You may provide us with further information or explanations to appeal the rejection, but providing us with further material may not change the result; or
◦ If Cruizy Campers PTY Ltd have insufficient information to either accept or reject a claim, Cruizy Campers PTY Ltd will ask you to provide information to allow us to make that decision. Information may include but not be limited to the following; photographs of the products, the maintenance history of the products. If you fail, neglect, or refuse to provide this information which we reasonably require to process your claim, we may reject the claim on the basis of that lack of information.
• If you act or fail to act in a way which either prevents Cruizy Campers PTY Ltd from determining the true cause and extent of a claim, or which substantially constrains or limits our capacity to provide a remedy, this will adversely affect the handling of your claim. As examples of such conduct:
◦ If you arrange for repair works before we can assess a product, we may not be able to determine whether the repair works were covered by a warranty, or may not be able to provide the appropriate remedy after those works;
◦ If you fail to notify Cruizy Campers PTY Ltd of a claim without delay, Cruizy Campers PTY Ltd will not be liable for damage caused by the delay, and may not be able to determine the initial cause of the damage once time has aggravated it; and
◦ If you refuse to give Cruizy Campers PTY Ltd access the product for the purposes of assessing a claim, Cruizy Campers PTY Ltd may reject the claim on the basis of insufficient information.